Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dear Life

{ChAnGeS}
Thats Whats been happening in my life lately.. and Lots of them Including:

*Engaged
*New Job
*New Ward
*Moving
*New Family
*New Friends
*New Life Experiences
*New... Me.

I'm Very Pleased with the way my life is turning out. I've come to the realization and understanding that everything does happen for a reason, and I've never felt more strongly or grateful for this.

Sam and I met about 6 months ago on a blind date believe it or not. His sister in law lined us up, I worked with her at the hospital and it took her about 6 months to think to line me up with sam! what took her so long?? I'm not entirely sure!! But I am very glad she did!

Our first date was on July 6th and I was somewhat dreading it to be completely honest. Because all anyone could say about him is.. "He is SOOO quiet" So before our date I didn't put too much effort into getting ready cause I had just gotten off of work and I was tired and I didn't think it would take off or go anywhere. But as soon as I opened the door, saw his gorgeous face and cute little smile I immediately regretted that decision. ha ha I seriously knew right away there was something different about this fella. when I saw him standing on my porch that day, I had "pre-ventricular contractions" so you could say... I couldn't think, couldn't speak (shocker) and all I could do was giggle... I think the first words I said to him was... "sorry I look like poop" ha ha he probably thought i was retarded.
Our first date was a hike, and he Talked My Ear Off!! I couldnt get why Amy told me he was so quiet... We seriously hit it off right then and there and the rest was history. He stole my heart and he was the only person I wanted to be with, see, talk to, think about and talk about from there on out.

Sam is my better half and i'm not just saying that either. We are so much alike yet we are exact opposites if that is even possible. He is so logical and level headed. He grounds me when I get carried away with my crazy unrealistic ideas. He calms me when things aren't going just my way. He is the best listener, and gives the best advice. Some people may say he is shy and doesn't talk, but that's just because he doesn't like them.. JK its only because he doesn't open up to many.. but the second he does... watch out! He's a talker, and he's mine.

I know without a doubt in my mind that Sam and I are supposed to be together and we will be successful in our marriage and raising a family. Its gonna take work, and will be a change for the both of us but an amazing journey to learn and grow together. I'm excited to start our life together.. it'll be a wonderful ride.

I'm now employed at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray as a Surgeon's assistant... Love it. I see so many incredible things everyday that people would kill to see and do. I love working so closely with the doctors and building a bond with all of my co workers! If i could tell you about every surgery I do, I totally would. but... my little friend HIPPA prevents that. Sorry. So just take my word for it... My job Rocks.

My Life Rocks..

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you Keri! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! being married is great! you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri! I think since we have had one amazing trip together and you have seen my insides that we should be better friends? I am soo happy for you and your new life. Sometimes changes can be good..especially when you have that someone to help you along the way!

    ReplyDelete