Sunday, December 26, 2010

Oh boy... Do i Have a story for you...


Wednesday night... I drive down to Spanish Fork to Play with Reilee and some other friends! we had a blast! Made "caramel apples" played games, watched movies, ya know.... fun things! The night comes to an end, I sleep Over! we wake up and just hang out for a few hours and do our girl thing while her husband jace is at work! around 3:45 my phone dies and i head home so i can charge it!! i got on the freeway around 4:00 and by 4:10 i hit a pot hole and blow a tire!!! i was terrified, phoneless, carless, and in break down mode!!!
I sit in my car for a few minutes trying to collect myself and then i get in my "go-getter" mode and think to myself...I CAN DO THIS! i know how to change a tire, yeah it is freezing and i am in flip flops, shorts, and a t shirt, but i can do this!!
So now that i'm all gung ho I get out. Jack my car up. Take my tire off. Get my donut out of the trunk. Put said donut on my car. Let the car off the jack. I'm golden!!.... so i thought. my donut was completely flat!!! cue second breakdown.
Now what?!!!! it's now 5:00 and getting dark!!! no one know's i'm out here. and not a single soul has stopped to help me... this is it. i'm going to die here. (a little dramatic i know, but hey... that's what i was thinking)
SO I walk to the tire store and almost freeze my butt off in the process of doing so. and i'm carrying my donut tire with me because the real tire was too heavy!! I get to the tire store around 5 miles away and have them pump my tire up.... problem solved!!! NOT! there is a gaping hole in my tire the size of china. So... i use the phone to call ashley who is 2 and a half ish hours away to come get me and i walk my sad sad little self back to my car in the tretrously freezing weather! I get back to my car 5 miles later. and sit and wait for ash!
10 minutes later a strange old man pulls over and i tell him my story. He's the sweetest thing. and offered to take me home!! after much consideration i accept his offer.... i know i know don't ride with strangers right?? that's what i thought! BUT i thought ahead.... this is what i said to the man before getting into his truck. "What is your Full name, Address, and telephone number incase you murder me and chop me up into tiny pieces.... i'm going to write it on a piece of paper and put it in my car for the cops to find!" he laughs and writes it all down for me!! :) then lets me use his phone to call ashley (cause her number is the only number i have memorized) luckily she had just barley left and we decided to meet in layton cause this is where brian biggers was from!! (my sweet stranger)
The whole ride home was quite delightful!!he's a chatty ol fella! He was a bishop so we talked about the church and got into some in depth conversations. He was an answer to my prayers. not only for help with my car. but help with some things i've been facing in my life lately as well. I didn't even ask for any advice but somehow he knew what exactly to say to me and knew exactly what i needed to hear.... everything we talked about partained to me and my life in some way. by the time we got to layton i wanted to keep driving just so i could sit and chat with this man. He is amazing. and when i went to get out of the car he cried to me and said he was so glad he stopped and got to meet me. He said i was an answer to his prayers as well.. That entire car ride i could feel the spirit so strongly and i wasn't thinking about the fact that i was riding in a car with a stranger... i was riding in a car with a new friend!! This experience just proved to me that Everything does happen for a reason..... I am so grateful for Brian Biggers and what he did for me! i hope i can repay him someday.

Christmas eve My friend Jace from work was headed down to st george to visit his family and offered to drop me off at my car and help me fix it!!! What a peach he is!! :) i really appreciate him for doing that!! so to repay him... i'm taking him snowboarding tomorrow!! woo hoo! EXCITED...

2 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say haha. Except I'm glad you're alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha thanks rand!! where are you?!! did you die?!

    ReplyDelete